Friday, June 21, 2013

Words to live by: Love at home diy board

I wanted to make something special to hang on our wall, that could grow with us as a family, reminded me of what was important, and was something pretty to look at too! No pressure. One of my favorite hymns came to mind "Love at Home."  I love the words and especially the line:

"Roses bloom beneath our feet, all the earth's a garden sweet, making life a bliss complete, when there's love at home."  

Aren't those words just beautiful?! So I took my favorite phrases from it and painted them on a board I had laying around.  Since my brushstrokes aren't perfect, I outlined my letters with a sharpie.  I painted some roses beneath the words, you could use a stencil for all this but I like to free hand it.  Then I made my husband step in paint, such a good sport, and stamp his foot.  I did mine next, and then stamped our then 4 month old's foot.  So that little the roses literally bloom beneath our feet =)  I left room for the other children that will come.  David's friend was laughing wondering how MUCH room I left for other little feet. =) 7 more??? just kidding!

Pretty simple project, but sentimental nonetheless and I love love it.





What do you think? What sort of things do you guys have with family meanings in your homes?

No comments:

Post a Comment