Saturday, June 22, 2013

Around here.

Transition from working mom to stay at home mom was really exciting.  And I admit I was really looking forward to it, so much more time (I thought).  While yes I have more time at home I now have a small window of time during his naptime to do my own art stuff or read or clean.  I'm determined to make sure I'm spending my time wisely, I hate the feeling of wasting time! But now that I have so much of it, I'm not totally sure what to do with it.  I've made a schedule for myself and have stuck to it somewhat.  I don't know about you, but I need structure and goals or I feel like I'm floating around and being useless.  A while ago I made this little chalkboard canvas I see when I go up the stairs.  It serves as a good reminder when I'm feeling more down than up: 




It's been smudged by people getting too close, so sorry my chalk ain't perfect.  But still a great quote nonetheless.  I shouldn't just be enduring through all the junk of regular life every day, but it needs to be enjoyed! It's hard to remember that in the moments when your son poops on the floor or pulls down a drink spilling it all over the place, you know "life's bleachable moments."  How do you do it? How do you enjoy life while living it? And to quote my favorite show of all time "I wish there was a way to know that you're in the good ol' days before you've actually left them." lol.  Oh Nard dog. 

Anyway, seriously.  Enjoy life now.  Not once your husband gets into med school, or you buy a house, or live by family again.  Mostly talking to myself here :) Sure it's easy to know something, but to do it is entirely different.  I know I should enjoy it all, and most of the time I do.  I think most importantly it's taking the time for little things. Prayer, scripture study as a family and by yourself, , prayer as a family, exercise, chilling out and not taking everything so seriously, and taking time to be creative every day.  At least for me, those are important and if I can do all of that every day, I am happy.

Also projects make me happy...so happy.  My awesome brother and sister in law gave us their black bookshelf.  Since the Mister is off of work this week, we're gonna overhaul these babies and hopefully have something I like looking at every day.  Check it out later and see what it has become.


 My other happy place, making art.  Especially when it's going well, and not when I can't get fingers right or the nose in the right place.  But I'm proud to say, I think I'm finally done with my illustrations for Bedtime story for Jeffrey.  Feels good.  There's always things I want to change and do over...but I gotta just give it a rest.  This is my first job, hopefully there are more later so I can improve my skill.s

The models are my sister in law Mandi and my nephew Gavin. They are so stinkin' cute.  


No comments:

Post a Comment