Saturday, April 27, 2013

13 months



This kid is 13 months! (and a week).  People usually say, oh is he about 8 months old? Well by his size they're pretty close.  He is kind of a runt, but a smarty pants otherwise.  When I'd hear people say "my son is 13 months old", I used to think, why don't you just say he's a year?  That seemed so specific.  Like I don't say, I'm 27 and 3 weeks old. But now I know. Even in just a month he has learned and grown so much! I'd hate to jip him (how does one spell jip, you know what word I'm talking about) on that one month of extra goodness he's earned!

In this past month he...
-finally got his top 2 teeth! Now he can actually bite food, a whole new world of possibilities has opened!
-says "uh-oh" and "night-night" except it sounds like "na-na"
-plays peekaboo with his blanket
-pushes our clothes hamper everywhere like a walker
-dives from kneeling, he thinks it's hilarious
-claps! he claps for everything
-finally he has learned to do "eat" in sign language and he sort of does more and all done
-will sit still while I read to him, love this!
-waves bye-bye at everything
-will stick his toys in spaces in our entertainment center and then look for them

At every stage I think, this is so fun! I love this age! All his stages have been fun, I can't pick a favorite. But so far this is in the top. He is the happiest sweetest little boy.  I am so lucky.  

I made him a board book with pictures of his family =) it is awesome! he loves it and he came in the mail SUPER fast.  I'm a pretty satisfied customer.  I used this company.
 He pulls out the toys from our bookshelf and climbs in.  

 I bought him a puzzle with the planets.  He mostly just eats them.  To him the puzzle pieces fit right in his mouth, not in the puzzle.
 I love Costco, especially for the samples.  I take Harrison and we go around and try stuff.  Perfect way to see what he'll eat and I don't  have to waste money on it! He loves the chiana masala.  It has chickpeas, onions, and all kinds of spices.  So surprised about that one!
 He always rubs his food in his hair.  I'm thinking there's a market for baby shower caps for mealtimes.


 Practicing with the plate.  So far no dumping.



This is his I just ate mac and cheese face. And hair.

1 comment: